Tuesday, April 25, 2006

THIS IS AWESOME!

At the expense of running the risk of drawing a series of gasps from the XX chromosome-bearing members of our class room, I'd be willing to say that if there is one thing Chinese women need...it's bigger...BRAS! Because believe you me with the increase in nutrition and "taking part in more sport" Chinese women's bust sizes have increased an average of 1 cm over the past six years. This is first of all an argument to counter all those irrational fears of women trying to lose weight such as "if I lift, I don't want to bulk up." Believe me honey, I TRY, and I'm not getting anywhere.... *awkward pause* You heard it here, sports make your chest bigger.

Anyway, this is once again symbolic of the miracle/wonder of increased prosperity in a particular nation. Pun intended. Japan in the post war era witnessed similar effects. Tokyo children who went through pubescent growth during the last years of the Second World War were severely shorter than children ten years after the war, or six years prior to its end.

Just in case you're wondering, the average bust size is now 32.89 inches. The overall moral to this story is that exercise and nutrition facilitate the body by allowing it to grow properly and ultimately more attractively. I'm hoping this doesn't single me out as a chauvinist, but at the same time, it is important to give China the credit it is due in busting out of years of poverty and starvation left over from the effects of such events as the 5 year plans and consequent cultural revolution. This may support the claim of a trickle-down effect, not that I'm all about Reagenomics, but if the country gains in GDP/ overall income, the aggregate population may benefit. At the same time, it may speak to China's ability to handle this income in a manner that is beneficial to their constituents.


Dower, John. Embracing Defeat, Japan in the Wake of World War Two. Ch. 4, "Cultures of Defeat"
and
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4942152.stm

5 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Asahi633 said...

That's what I mean with sport. If the muscle mass increases, so does circulation and the like.
sorry, the article mentions some stuff about A to B cup size increases, as some companies were running out of stock too quickly for B cups.
Either this or they're just drinking more milk and/ or getting fatter=larger bust size.
Read the article though, it's a keeper. I was hoping this would lighten the aggressive atmosphere among fellow bloggers... though I am more or less one of the sources for the overall increase in a willingness of students to attack each other in class....
we'll see!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Asahi633 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Asahi633 said...

I don't know where they were taken, this is a blog entry. Read the article.
Glad I could ice your cake for most chauvinist post, ever.
A little humor would be nice every once in awhile. Courtesy laugh, pithy comeback, elegant pun. My bad for thinking a physically fit, healthy body is more attractive than malnourished stunted-growth countrysiders.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Asahi633 said...

Raoul Duke, *asahi633, laughing, repeats unecessarily,* "GDP isn't measured in cup size, hahaha!"
I thought that was funny. Now I'm just trying to avoid making off-kilter puns.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Okay, I am going to be annoying again and talk about "when I was in China..." When I was over there teaching English at a nursing school a couple years ago, my students had to "do their exercises" every single morning. I thought this was great... until I actually saw them doing the exercises. The physical activity they were doing probably helped them burn 6.53 calories (not that any of them really needed to burn calories since they were so skinny).

Well, one day, I decided I needed my exercise. Here I was, in a foreign land, eating constantly (because they fed us constantly) and I never really had time for exercise. I was working from 6am to 10pm every single day. Well, enough was enough. I was going running. I told my little Chinese friend about my plan, and she decided to join me. That was a huge mistake. Literally, after taking 23 steps, she was out of breath. I never ran with someone who ran out of gas so quickly.

So, you may be asking, what is the point of this post? Well, I don't know if obesity is really a major concern right now, but the girls I knew were defintely not in shape, and they admitted it freely. (They told me countless times that American bodies are healthier than Chinese bodies... even if we are a bunch of fatties.)

The bottom line is, there are health concerns all over this world. If bigger breasts are their problem, you go girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home